The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a new app to help parents keep track of their baby’s milestones from 2 months to 5 years.
Here are some of the features of the Milestone Tracker app:
- Milestone Tracker – track your child’s developmental progress by looking for important milestones using an interactive, illustrated checklist
- Milestone Photos and Videos – know what each milestone looks like so that you can better identify them in your own child
- Tips and Activities – support your child’s development at every age
- When to Act Early – know when it’s time to “act early” and talk with your child’s doctor about developmental concerns
- Appointments – keep track of your child’s doctors’ appointments and get reminders about recommended developmental screenings
- Milestone Summary – get a summary of your child’s milestones to view, and share with or email to your child’s doctor and other important care providers
- Add a Child – enter personalized information about your child or multiple children
Of course, no app can replace regular well-check visits with the pediatrician, but it can help reassure you if you’re concerned about where your child is compared with what would be considered “normal” or can help you raise the red flag if you’re noticing that your child doesn’t do what other children his age is doing.